I've been without a computer before. I've lived by using Jump drives and the library and other people's computers. And done well...
But since my computer's been gone in the shop for a few weeks and will still be in Phoenix when it's done, it's been my hardest time without a computer ever. (I'm getting my fan repaired, for all of you who have seen me use my little $10 Target fan behind my laptop to keep it from overheating for the past 8 months.)
It's been so hard because all I want to do is talk to people who are in different countries but either don't have the time or the software (or the permission to download the software)...
I still don't have my puter back. But I'm on Erin's laptop now*. And she gave me permission to download messenger. So maybe life can go on again...
But not having a computer is also my excuse for not blogging in forever. So if I had had a computer and more time, this is what I would have blogged about:
I have more to say about the John Williams trip and how it was revisiting some things of my past...
I went to San Fransisco with my family and it was fun (no pictures yet)
I got to talk a lot with my family and it was really good
I got a tire blowout on the I-10 and it was awesome and my family rocked
I love my old summer roommates Alicia, Angela, and Sarah and I was really blessed to live with them
I love my new summer roommates Erin and Emily and I definitely feel blessed to live here now for the next few weeks
*hence I'm using Erin's laptop now
CESL has been both awesome and really difficult, as always, since I got back from vacation
I love Starbucks and being a barista
I'm averaging about 50 hours a week between both jobs now
I've decided I need to quit Starbucks because of school and that sucks
I love Katie Sheerer
I love Joanna Shuchbach
I love Mike and Christine Jolly's blogs. They just got married
Ariel told me that my friends Mizuki, Taro, and Hyun went to Tokyo BEST club and it made me scream with happiness. Now all my BEST club friends may get to know them**
**I am really excited about this if you couldn't tell
2 Corinthians 12:9...again
Today is the anniversary of John Lee's death
And God is so amazingly good
Yup...my life is so exciting
:)
no computer!!?!?
Tuesday, July 31, 2007
Posted by Christy at 3:34 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
I love you too! :)
your blog is so fun, it represents your personality well :)
Thanks for all of your advice and connections about ministries...it has been quite the adventure trying to find them at griffith Gold coast. It is a smaller campus with few students. I have found one ministry though which is so encouraging :)
Anywho thanks for the prayer and I will be praying for you as well :)
Ahhh... I just saw my name on here for the first time.
I love YOU Christy!!
When are we going to chat again? We need to set a time to talk. How was your first day of school? That sounded soo motherly. :) hee hee hee
I wish I had a private jet. I'd fly over and see you every other weekend. We'd sit at Starbucks, sipping pumpkin spice lattes, and speaking broken japanese.
One year since I've seen you...
Post a Comment