"22 Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.
23 They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23
This year's Navs annual MLK weekend Gilbert at Krista's house (who now has a blog too!) was awesome! 60 people came this year! There was fear that the amount of people would take away from the fun and personal nature of the trip, but I didn't feel that... I don't think I realized how much I needed this trip and time to be around my friends until I was there... one of the greatest parts for me was to get unexpected one-on-ones and unexpected healing through them. I love how God loves imperfect people and gives us the body to learn and grow from each other in Him, that He knows exactly what you're going through and gives you exactly what you need at that time... :) He is good...
We also kept up the tradition of going to Joe's Real BBQ for dinner.
Steve tries on Dan's new jacket :D These guys always make me laugh!
Sarah and Liz enjoy authentic Gilbert food!
(Another) Sarah, Ariel, and Kelly enjoy playing with their food!
Sunday morning, we sang worship songs and then Krista's parents gave a really awesome, unforgettable talk about generosity, one of their passions.
Then we went to the Morrison dairy farm!
Denai, Stephanie, Katie and I in the back of the van
We got to see the thousands of dairy cows that Krista's family takes care of.
But of course the favorite part of the tour is the cotton jumping!
Sarah, Denai, and Alicia at the top of the hill!
^ I really like this picture of Katie and I!!
Here the guys are rolling down the hill!
Click here to see Ryan diving into the cotton!
I'm burrying Michelle and Kevin!
Sunday night we had a big feast of steak, potatoes, and salad, and played a lot of really fun games! It was really chill and all around a sweet time. I loved it!
Even our drive home was pretty fun! Poor John was stuck with us girls! But as it always is, it was fun talking about man/woman differences and laughing about John's plan to not have his wedding around big sporting events or us girls' girly reaction to Lifehouse's "You and Me." :D We also stopped along the way to Tucson at a rest stop/gift shop that had some very interesting displays!
Finally, what happens when you let Thart play with your camera?
I hope you enjoyed the pictures! You can see all of them at http://s125.photobucket.com/albums/p50/uofachristy/MLK%20Weekend%202007/
Also, I just found a link from Jerry's Xanga to Eddie Han's website, facethefool. Eddie was midterm staff in Tokyo, Japan for 2 years. I've only met him once, but I respect him a lot...and I really like the stuff he has on his site, especially the poetry. Check it out!

2 comments:
totally want to burst into tears seeing you guys. Your hair is SO beautiful Christy. I can't believe how long it has gotten. I gotta get back to studying (still in Shizuoka~ which by the way has a campus they affectionately call, "Shizu Dai" anyone want to burst into WICKED? yeah, i always do! tee hee hee!)
いまにほにごをべんきょしましょ!!
totally want to burst into tears seeing you guys. Your hair,p.s. is goregous. It was great to sneak a peek at Ryan and Mike too. Sabashii!!
Post a Comment