skip to main | skip to sidebar

About me

My photo
Christy
View my complete profile

blog archive

  • ► 2010 (5)
    • ► March (4)
    • ► January (1)
  • ▼ 2009 (16)
    • ► September (1)
    • ▼ July (4)
      • "Take full possession."
      • How can I keep from singing?
      • other things I've wanted to blog about
      • my prayer journal
    • ► June (2)
    • ► May (3)
    • ► April (2)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (1)
  • ► 2008 (25)
    • ► December (2)
    • ► November (3)
    • ► September (3)
    • ► August (1)
    • ► June (2)
    • ► May (5)
    • ► April (5)
    • ► March (3)
    • ► January (1)
  • ► 2007 (23)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► October (3)
    • ► September (1)
    • ► July (4)
    • ► June (4)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► April (1)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► January (4)
  • ► 2006 (2)
    • ► December (2)

so exciting!

the world is flawed, but these scars will heal

How can I keep from singing?

Saturday, July 18, 2009

I like both of these...



My life flows on in endless song:
Above earth's lamentation,
I catch the sweet, tho' far-off hymn
That hails a new creation.
Through all the tumult and the strife
I hear the music ringing;
It finds an echo in my soul--
How can I keep from singing?

What tho' my joys and comfort die?
The Lord my Saviour liveth;
What tho' the darkness gather round?
Songs in the night he giveth.
No storm can shake my inmost calm,
While to that refuge clinging;
Since Christ is Lord of heaven and earth,
How can I keep from singing?

I lift my eyes; the cloud grows thin;
I see the blue above it;
And day by day this pathway smooths,
Since first I learned to love it.
The peace of Christ makes fresh my heart,
A fountain ever springing;
All things are mine since I am his--
How can I keep from singing?


And the new one:

There is an endless song
Echoes in my soul
I hear the music ring

And though the storms may come
I am holding on
To the rock I cling

How can I keep from singing Your praise
How can I ever say enough
How amazing is Your love
How can I keep from shouting Your name
I know I am loved by the King
And it makes my heart want to sing

I will lift my eyes
In the darkest night
For I know my Savior lives

And I will walk with You
Knowing You'll see me through
And sing the songs You give

I can sing in the troubled times
Sing when I win
I can sing when I lose my step
And fall down again
I can sing 'cause You pick me up
Sing 'cause You're there
I can sing 'cause You hear me, Lord
When I call to You in prayer
I can sing with my last breath
Sing for I know
That I'll sing with the angels
And the saints around the throne

Posted by Christy at 10:14 PM  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Blog Design by Gisele Jaquenod.